Saturday, September 25, 2010

Gluten-Free? GLUTEN FREE!

As most of my friends and family know, my body has this whole thing going on called Celiac Disease, or Celiac Sprue. That means I can't eat gluten. Gluten is in wheat, flour, barely, rye, pretty much anything that is bread-related and thickened. Sometimes it really bums me out, but that bum-ness is actually easily remedied! Earlier this week, Danika and I ventured to Bob's Red Mill (pictured below), which is one of my favorite places to find gluten-free mixes, recipes, pastries, and treats. Amanda and I frequent the place on occasion (she is also gluten-free) so I picked up a gluten-free sugar cookie mix and gave it to her in hopes that we can someday soon bake them together. I also found a fantastic bakery devoted to being completely gluten-free in SE Portland called New Cascadia (pictured below the other picture). I found some wonderful artisan cheddar parmesan bread sourdough bread, cupcakes, sandwiches, quiche, and lots of other delightful goodies. Finding this bakery gave me just the encouragement I needed! All this is to say is that there is hope. And hopefully I don't lose too much weight before the wedding!

Bob's Red Mill (above); New Cascadia Bakery (below)

No comments:

Post a Comment